Springfield Bankruptcy Attorney
Certain factors can make a bankruptcy more likely. Most of these factors are beyond people's control. These include:
- Divorce or separation
- A job loss or a work injury
- Business problems related to the economy
- Medical bills or expensive medications
- Being disabled
- Being a single parent
- Being owed back child support or spousal support
- Mortgage problems
Consumers and businesses that file for protection under Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 of the federal Bankruptcy Code can enjoy life-changing benefits. These benefits can include the discharge of debts, a fresh financial start and an end to creditor harassment.
If you are overwhelmed with debt, you may be able to get lasting relief through bankruptcy protection. A bankruptcy filing can be leveraged to deal with many kinds of debt such as credit cards, medical bills and other forms of unsecured and secured debt.
Financial Stress And Your Health
I believe bankruptcy can provide tangible health benefits, not just financial improvement, in a person's life. I have seen financial stress lead to physical and mental health problems, including panic attacks, anxiety, depression, muscle soreness, neck tension, increased blood pressure, and the risk of heart attack or stroke — not to mention insomnia and arguments with spouses and family members.
What Will Bankruptcy Cost Me?
I charge low flat fees, in Chapter 7 cases and I have an hourly fee structure for Chapter 13 cases. My rates for non-business cases are generally as follows:
- Simple Chapter 7 bankruptcy fees for an individual or married couple starting as low as $1250.00 (including the attorney and court filing fees). Business cases and cases with other complications will cost more. Please set up an appointment for an individual, personalized consultation and I can give you a fee quote for your own case.
- Simple Chapter 13 pre-filing bankruptcy fees for an individual or married couple, starting as low as $750.00 before filing (Chapter 13 cases have additional attorney fees paid through monthly chapter 13 plan payments paid to the case trustee). Business cases and cases with other complications will cost more before the case can be filed. Please set up an appointment for an individual, personalized consultation and I can give you a fee quote for your own case.
I like to be open with my clients regarding fees and all other aspects of my practice. I can confirm and clearly explain my rates during a free initial consultation. To make things as easy as possible, payment plans are available.
Contact A Eugene Debt Relief Lawyer | Free Consultation And Flexible Hours
I understand the stresses and time constraints faced by many families and individuals. I offer flexible evening and weekend hours, by appointment, in the Eugene, Oregon, area. Contact me, Kim Covington, to schedule a free consultation with a Springfield bankruptcy lawyer.